The Filtrol 160 washing machine filter removes non-biodegradable fibers, such as microfibers and microplastics from your washing machine discharge. These are one of the leading cause of septic system and drainfield failure. It also is an effective tool for reducing sewer line plugging for those who are on city sewer and microfiber pollution in waterways. Wexco is the exclusive distributor for the patented Filtrol 160, the only true washing machine filter designed for washing machines on the market.
The Filtrol-160™ is a patented, re-useable filter that attaches to your washing machine discharge hose and removes the non-biodegradable fibers like polyester and nylon, sand, hair and pet fur before they go down the drain and plug your septic system and drainpipes. Even Laundromats and government facilities are using the Filtrol-160™.
This product is now being used by and/or recommended by · Universities · State Water Quality Agencies · Professional Contractors · Homeowners · Laundromats · Engineering and Consulting Firms · Entire Communities and Neighborhoods · Environmental Agencies · Mobile Home Parks · Some Government Agencies have stated "This product is long overdue" and would like to make the Filtrol-160™ a code requirement! Why? Because it works
The main things you will want to take into consideration before ordering the Filtrol-160™ will be:
- Location - The Filtrol 160 Lint Filter is approximately 15” tall, from the top fitting to the bottom, 9" wide and projects about 8" from the wall You will not want to install the Filtrol 160 under a low hanging cabinet. This could interfere with the removal of the filter for cleaning. You will need to have a minimum of 24 inches to be able to remove the canister from the wall mounted bracket, and still have proper drainage. If possible, the top of the Filtrol 160 should not exceed 70 inches. For best draining results, the Filtrol 160 unit should be installed above drain location to prevent water from becoming airlocked within the drainhose. Discharge hose can be routed to a standpipe, laundry tub or wall box.
- Discharge Hose- If existing discharge hose is brittle, split or the wrong size, it should be replaced with 1" ID hose (supplied). Note: Measure the inside diameter of your washing machines discharge hose to confirm which provided fitting you will use. The Filtrol160 will include both a 1" threaded x 1" barbed elbow and a 1" threaded x 3/4" barbed elbow to meet the most common drain hose sizes. A Filtrol 160 Connector Adapter Kit - 1" Threaded x 1 1/4" Barbed is also available should you need that size. On most machines the new hose will easily attach to the fitting that protrudes from the back. Be aware that some machines will discharge 2-3 cups of water when hose is removed.
- Attachment- When attaching bracket to the wall, screws should be driven into a stud . The Filtrol 160™ will become extremely heavy when it is full of water. If drilling into plaster or drywall and you can not locate a stud, expander bolts, or toggle bolts, should be used. Hint: First attach the bracket to a 3/4 inch thick piece of plywood, then attach the plywood to the wall.
- Cleaning- Frequency of cleaning the filter will depend on the types and amounts of materials being laundered. Use of a fabric softener or excessive amount of laundry detergent can cause a slimy residue and restrict the filtering process. In most cases the filter will need to be cleaned every 8-10+ wash loads. Clean filter often for best results. Replacement filters must be hand washed, DO NOT put into washing machine to clean.
- Caution - Always unplug washing machine before moving it or performing any type of service.