FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How do I remove the lid on the Filtrol 160™ - The lid pulls off, it is not threaded. Disconnect the clips from the lid and remove the canister from the wall bracket; place the palm of your hand on top of the lid and your fingers over the edge of the lid, with pressure on your fingers pull up on the edge of the lid. Do not pull up on the lip around the canister; this is part of the canister not part of the lid. When lid has been removed, you can apply a silicone grease lubricant to the O-ring for ease of removing the lid in the future.
- Lid is stuck; cannot remove it, what can I do - Using a flathead screwdriver, find the indentation on either side of where the lid clips are located, and lightly lift to loosen the lid. Do Not force or use alot of pressure to prevent breaking the lid.
- What is included with the Filtrol 160™ - It comes with a filter bag (or 2 bags, depending on model being ordered), 5 feet of hose, 2 clamps, 1 inch threaded x 1 inch barbed elbow fitting, 1 inch threaded x 1 inch barbed straight fitting (3/4" and 1 1/4" fittings are also available), mounting bracket for easy installation (you supply the 2 screws that hold the bracket on the wall), and canister with O-Ring. Most homeowners can install the unit in 10-15 minutes.
- Tell me about the filter bag - It is a re-usable filter bag and should be cleaned out over a garbage container every 1-3 weeks and will last 1-2 years. It will depend on the number of loads you wash and how much lint and dirt goes into the filter bag. Use of a fabric softner or excessive amount of laundry detergent can cause a slimy residue and restrict the filtering process and require more frequent cleanings. Replacement bags are $12.95 and can be ordered on septicsafe.com. Most customers prefer to order an additional bag to save on shipping charges.
- How big is the Filtrol 160™ -The Filtrol 160™ is approximately 14” tall, from the top fitting to the bottom, 7" wide and projects about 8" from the wall - these measurements do not include the discharge hose from the washing machine or the discharge hose from the Filtrol 160 itself.
- How do I determine what size fitting I need to install the Filtrol 160™ - To find out what size fitting you will need to properly install the Filtrol 160™ to measure the inside diameter of your existing washing machines drain hose, match that to the size of fitting. You will be given the option of fitting sizes when ordering your Filtrol 160™ to the right of the product picture.
- I need to replace a part to my Filtrol 160™ , how do I order replacements? We do sell individual parts for the Filtrol 160™, please contact us at 1-888-983-2447 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about ordering replacement parts.
- Get Educated! Check out this Laundry Tips & Guides site.