The Benefits of Septic Disinfection Lights

The Benefits of Septic Disinfection Lights

21st May 2020

Septic disinfection lights are becoming more popular with septic tank owners than ever before. If you have never heard of these before, or are just starting to research them, you may be interested in learning about the benefits of these lights and how they work. Here is some information about septic disinfection lights that you will want to know if you have a septic tank.

How a Septic Disinfection Light Works

Ultraviolet light waves have been shown to kill a variety of sources that cause water to be contaminated. This includes bacteria, viruses, yeast and mold spores. A long ultraviolet light, or multiple depending on your tank size, is inserted into your tank or the output tank by the leach field. As water passes by the light, the waves in it kill all of the harmful items in the water, disinfecting it.

The Benefits of Septic Disinfection Lights

If you are considering using a septic disinfection light, you may want to know what the benefits to using this item are. The biggest benefit is that the light replaces chlorine or chlorine-based products that are typically used to disinfect the water. Chlorine is harmful to the environment and can harm our natural waterways and plants. Using a light instead of chlorine is better for the environment.

The other benefit to this product is that it is likely cheaper than chlorine or chlorine-based products in the long run. These lights and systems are expensive to buy and install. However, once you do that, they run for an extended period of time before a bulb needs to be replaced. The exact amount of time varies based on many factors, such as your tank size and amount of water your family uses. On the other hand, chlorine needs to continually be purchased and used on your water, which adds up fast. If you can afford to put up a bit of money in order to save money in the long run, this can be a great tool for your septic system.