Why use a Filtrol 160?
To help keep damaging things out of your septic system and drain pipes. Just a few examples are:
* Non-biodegradable fibers - Lint from synthetics, polyester, nylon, etc.
* Hair / Fur - Laundry from hair stylists, pet groomers, veterinarians, pet owners, etc.
* Dirt particles - Laundry from children, gardeners, farmers, outdoorsmen, etc.
* Concrete / Sheetrock dust - Laundry from construction workers, handyman, etc.
* Metal shavings - Laundry from welders, iron workers, auto body, etc.
The Filtrol 160 also helps prevent the small particles such as dirt, concrete and metals from damaging your sewer pumps. By catching these particles before they go through the pump, helps to prevent untimely wear inside your pump.
The Filtrol 160 washing machine filter can extend the life of your septic system. This revolutionary filter will keep non-biodegradeable fibers from entering your septic system and plumbing. Filters are expected to last 1-2 years depending on use and frequency of cleaning.
In most cases when a septic system fails it's not the tank that is failing, but the drain field. The soil has gotten plugged-up with solids and will no longer allow water to pass through it. One of the best ways to prevent solids from plugging the soil is by using filters. Washing machines are a leading source of the solids that plug drainfields.
Lint screens and nylon socks trap less than 5% of these contaminates. These minute particles, because they are so small and light, do not settle in the septic tank, rather they stay in suspension and are flushed out to the drainfield where they actually plug-up the pores of the soil bed.
To compound the problem much of our clothing and carpeting is now manufactured with synthetics, polyester, nylon etc... Septic systems do not breakdown plastics! Once these non-organic materials enter the drainfield, there is no way to remove them.
All prices are in USD.